Looking for your next good read? How about a themed adventure with each new box! Bibliophilic Excursions, with their cute side name of Malcolm Reads due to their adorable pup ambassador, is more than just a book box. Each month you can expect a carefully curated fun experience and new location theme where you can dive into a good read while enjoying the extra’s to create a solid reading session in that months location including their local snacks, stationary items, tea and more, perfect for nuzzling up in a comfy corner, or relaxing in the bath. They send all sorts of books of different genres from murder mysteries to romantic love stories, so a little something for everyone, not to mention each month is fun new theme that sets the tone.
Here are the journeys you can choose from. The Signature Journey includes 2 books set in a destination country, which includes a fiction and a non-fiction, along with goodies that will heighten each and every sense, so perhaps a yummy treat to taste and a candle to smell. The Fiction Journey will bring you tales of romance, mystery, and more. And the Non-Fiction Journey will centre around visiting a new location through historical and travel novels. They also have the Our Ladies at Lunch Box which is perfect is you love a good ladies novel with a female protagonist or female author, my fav! Oh but wait, they also have the Mystery & Mixology which is super fun and includes a nice mystery novel with all the ingredients (except the booze of course) to make a cocktail to sip on while reading! Whaaa? Love it! Want to try them out for less? Jump for the Grab Bag and get a mixed bag of tricks! Aka a past destination box! In this box we got;
- The Little Book of Hygge – Danish Secrets to Happy Living. This book is well known and I’ve always wanted to read it. Super excited to learn the Danish ways of happiness.
- Cheeseboard – Super cute and authentic, has the Denmark’s most famous treat the Aebleskiver danish pancake balls recipe. Fun!
- Tea Towel with the Kronborg Castle design on it.
- Windmill painted porcelain nightlight – I haven’t had a nightlight since I was a kid, and funny enough I’ve wanted one for sometime now! Perfect for the bedroom or bathroom or reading nook.
- Hygee socks – super cute and comfy!
- Collage by Danish artist Katja Pie.
- Ga-Jol salt lakrids – for those who love black licorice!
Looking for something special? You can do custom orders, so perhaps a book club idea or birthday theme for someone special. Also lovely is that they team up with companies like World Vision and donate a portion of the sales. The Fiction and Non-Fiction are $39.99 a month, while the Signature Journey is $49.99 (you can also do the quarterly subscription for this one!), then the Ladies at Lunch box & Mystery box is $34.99, and lastly the Grab Bag box is $29.99. They even have a Christmas for Book Lovers box you can order a few of for holiday gifts! For the holidays they teamed up with World Vision and will be donating $2 from each of sale between November and January to stock schools with supplies and offer small business loans in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East, amazing! Order here;