If you know me, you know I love my cocktails. I wanted to share this product with you because it’s right up my alley. I have quite a few bitters, simple syrups, shrubs, mixes and garnishes to create that perfect cocktail. But what do I use? BlackCloud is one I’ve liked for some time as they are extremely creative with their potion flavors, and are a great Canadian product that make each batch by hand. What are bitters you ask? Bitters are an aromatic that contains flavors infused from herbs, roots, flowers, fruit, seeds, spices, and more, so the possibilities are endless. My suggestion is to go straight for the sample pack to test out all of their 5 flavors, be sure to try each one with a multitude of cocktails, then go ahead and splurge for that full size bottle. I went ahead and used these with my favorite cocktails. Here’s what I made!
- Old Fashioned – I used the Charred Cedar which uses Canadian Cedar to create that smokey flavor – don’t forget Luxardo cherries in yours!
- Pisco Sour – I used the Prairie Rose to get the rose petal flavor, yum.
- Caesar – I used Gin in this one and paired it with the Garden Party which has a cucumber and celery flavor – try horseradish in your caesar for that extra kick, oh and that’s a curried raw garlic… SO GOOD, pickled mushroom and basil.
- Peach Pimms Cup – I used the Saffron Mango in this one to really get a boost of fruit flavors, some bold flavors here with the saffron, cardamom and peppercorns.
- Also we have the Black & Blue which will have to be in my next cocktail party! Nice flavors of berries and ginger here, so I already have the perfect cocktail in mind.
Want to include some simple syrups? They have recipes to make your own on their site, and suggested cocktail recipes too! Bitters date back to the Egyptians where they were used for medicinal purposes. Benefits may include;
- Curb sugar cravings
- Soothe gas and bloating
- Relieve occasional heartburn
- Encourage digestive enzymes, bile & HCL production
- Calm upset stomach and nausea
- Increase absorption of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K
- Help maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Balance appetite
- Ease constipation and regulate bowel movements
- Support liver function and healthy skin
You can find their products scattered around the best bartending supply stores across Canada, and a few locations in the US, but also online here!