Looking for a subscription box that will make your home look and feel more inviting, trendy and comfortable? Decocrated is a quarterly subscription sending you a giant box full of home decor, seasonal decorations, wall accents, and more using different textiles, colours and materials to keep your home looking classic yet modern and fun. What I really love is that their items are transitional and versatile. So what you can use during Christmas, can also be used for other holidays or year round. I also love their insert that gives you great ideas on how to use the item in different ways through inspiration and tips. Each quarter you can expect 5-7 items, including one from each category of a vessel, so something that would hold other items like a tray, baskets or crate. A table item like a decorative piece, candle, or clock, an item that could hang like a print or banner, and a textile items like a pillow cover or place mat. In the Summer box we have a range of items that help inspire with some bright and happy candy coloured hues as well as helpful tools for the perfect patio or backyard party, someone say Summer BBQ? In this box;
- Multifunctional caddy – love the cherry wood look and is super useful!
- Tic Tac Toe – a fun little game to bring poolside
- Wood plaque – these are super fun, love the one I got last time, this one has 2 sides, one with a recipe for fun and the other says rise and grind with a pop of colour
- Lantern – super cute and definitely my style, I love how everything ties together so well with the other items in this box as well as past boxes! Like this lantern looks great with the past pieces I’ve got! So interchangeable!
- Hello Hook – we still have to mount ours up so using it as a decorative piece for now. Perfect for hats, bags and necklaces thou!
- Box art – love this piece, cute colours and saying ‘every summer has a story’
- Pink fabric napkins, great for outdoor entertaining!
- Blue flamingo apron with pockets, perfect for outdoor bbq’s in the summer!
- Art print – love that they include one of these each time, allows me to freshen up the look and pull it all together!
Only $79.99 a quarter plus free shipping. Want 10% off your subscription? Use code Kelsey10. This is a great gift for a family member to secretly suggest an upgrade to your homes style, and a perfect time to throw out the old and in with the new, transitional, fun new pieces to spruce up your homes decor! This is also a great gift for the holidays, and the perfect wedding gift. Order here;
Love seeing the new selection from Book of the Month! What did the judges choose this month? Maybe a mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, a gripping memoir, a dramatic love story, a tale of struggles, I can’t wait to find out! Each month 5 judges including a guest judge skim hundreds of books and select those hidden gem novels you’ve always wanted to read (not just those books on the bestseller list that every single person has read). Judges can include well known book editors, best selling authors and celebrities! On the first of the month the books are posted with a quick review to help you make your selection, then you simply choose one or more hardcovers by the 6th of the month! Here are the May selections to choose from;
- A Nearly Normal Family by M. T. Edvardsson – BOTM Quick take: A verified last page “whoa” moment.
- Recursion by Blake Crouch – BOTM Quick take: The tech bro villain we probably deserve.
- Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams – BOTM Quick take: Lifestyles of the rich and famous—during WWII.
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane – BOTM Quick take: You’ll get wrecked (and put back together).
- Summer of ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand – BOTM Quick take: Back to the good ol’ Woodstock daze.
Only $14.99 for your first book. Add up to 2 additional books of your choice from the extra books section for only $9.99 each. Skip as often as you like, and free shipping everytime! Want to get your books for even cheaper? Sign up for a yearly subscription and it drops your price down to $12.50 a month plus any extras you add! New member to BOTM? New members can now get their first book for $9.99 when you join using code: SUMMERVACAY. Order here;
Book of the Month
Want to get fit and look good while doing it? Her Fit Club sends you new athletic gear every month. Their workout outfits are super cute, stylish, comfortable and sure to keep you looking good while working on your summer bod! Their collections match perfectly each month with coloured trims and fun new designs. Love all their sports bras with all the zigzagged straps and colours. Take the style quiz which will determine what kinda of look, style and colours your into, then choose from 4 different subscription types;
- Fit Fashion Box – $64.99 and comes with either a sports bra or full coverage top with matching bottoms along with a small lifestyle item.
- Fit Beauty Box – $74.99 and comes with the above plus 2-3 bathroom or beauty items.
- Fit Move Box – $79.99 and comes with the above a piece of home workout equipement.
- Fit Premiere Box – $149.99 and comes with the above plus a pair of shoes!
In this box we have;
- Cross back sports bra
- Sleeveless knotted back tank
- Black basic leggings with peek a boo side leg
- 2 foot masques
- Face mask
- Pink workout bag
Be sure to check out their IG page for some cute looks and motivation! Love their past items? You can also buy past boxes as they have some super sexy outfits! They have a great return policy, you can gift a box or subscription to a friend, and shipping is always free! Order here;
I’ve come to realize that most of my favorite books have a strong female protagonist like Memoirs of a Geisha, Eat Pray Love, The Colour purple. More often than not I’m drawn to these types of novels, which is whats great about Callisto Crate. They are a book subscription that sends you a novel featuring a lady lead each month, she might be stong, mighty, passionate, loveable, imperfect, just like all real women! You’ll also get a bunch of other goodies that will create the perfect reading experience.
Each month you can expect a carefully curated fun experience where you can dive into a good read while enjoying the extra’s to create a solid reading session like snacks, stationary items, socks, jewellry, bath & beauty products, tea, coffee and more, perfect for nuzzling up in a comfy corner, or relaxing in the bath. They send all sorts of books of different genres from murder mysteries to romantic love stories, so a little something for everyone.
In the May box we got;
- Flowers Over the Inferno by Ilaria Tuti – A thriller about a strong police woman.
- Book Sleeve by Sew Studio Co in Winnipeg. Love this artisan pick of the month! Perfect for bringing your book to go!
- Zack’s Coffee – another artisan choice from Kamloops.
- Licorice Wheels from The Licorice Parlour – This is a local company in Vancouver! I’ve been here before!
- Forget-me-not seeds from Alzheimer’s Society of Canada
Starting at $44.99 a month for a 6 month subscription. Use code GIFT15 to get $15 off your first order. Order here;
I’m always so excited for the Love with Food box and to see what new treats I’m in store for. New companies, new flavors and trying something out of my regular comfort zone! Snack time folks! Life is sweet when you have Love with Food sending you snack packs every month! They are the perfect choice for those looking to try new and yummy junk-free, organic, all natural snacks and treats. They include all sorts of goodies that are hard to find in store and available for purchase in their online store if you just can’t get enough! They also have boxes available for your office, small taster boxes, and even gluten free boxes!
Order today with free US shipping and a free box for an annual subscription and includes 8+ items. The Deluxe starts at only $16.50 for 16-20 items and a free bonus box for an annual subscription, with free US shipping and $3.99 international shipping. The Gluten Free box starts at only $19.99 for an annual subscription and includes 10-12 items. Bonus, for every box they send out they also donate a meal to someone in need at a food bank, make that 2 free meals for the Deluxe and Gluten Free boxes! Bonus bonus, each item you review after trying in your box gets you points, save up your points and use them in the store for free items! Click below to get 40% off your first box, so only $11.95!
Love with Food
One of my favorite things to do at home is visit all the amazing breweries, so I felt that what better way to explore New Orleans craft beer scene than with the NOLA Brew Bus! This was definitely the highlight of my trip down south last week. An absolute must if you are a craft beer fan, and even better if you are looking to learn more about the process of making beer while getting a quick history lesson on Nawlin’s by their licensed! With a booming industry that continues to grow, a brewery tour is the perfect way to catch all the new breweries if you are a local, or the perfect ‘Big Easy’ adventure if you’re a tourist! The tour is perfect for Bachelor and Bachelorette parties as you get to ride in a super fun party bus and you get a safe ride home!
You’ll get a chance to visit 3 of the local breweries like NOLA Brewing, Miel Taproom & Brewery, Port Orleans Brewing, Urban South Brewery and Brieux Carre Brewing Co, and they have the Uptown tour on the weekends as well as the Tchoup Hop tour during the week. Each tour is 3 hours with a behind the scenes tour at one of the breweries and 5 full beer drink tickets. Can’t finish your brew? Too bad! Just kidding, hee hee, in New Orleans you can just bring your beer to go in a plastic cup! Choose from a private tour where picked up where you choose and can include up to 20 people or a public tour where you are picked up at their headquarters in the French Quarter and joined by other excited individuals. There are tons of options for the private tour where you can add a Dinner Package, which looks soooo drool worthy with brisket, pork, ribs, chicken and all the other sides that come with a BBQ feast! They even have ghost and walking tours!
On my tour we went to Port Orleans where we had a behind the scenes brewery tour and I tried a delicious Brown Ale. They had a crawfish boil out front so I popped over to give one a try and HOLY, so amazing! I highly suggest sitting down and grabbing a few pounds to share! Next we went down the road to NOLA. I loved this one, they had like 7 different sours! I tried the Cherry, Earl Grey, Blueberry…. so good, loved the Oyster Stout too but my fav was the Beermosa, yummmm. They have a sweet upstairs with music and an outdoor patio that we relaxed on, super friendly customers too! Lastly we went to Urban South. This brewery is super fun and family friendly with arcade games and a massive seating area. They had some amazing beers on tap, I had an ammmmazing It Takes 2 To Mango concoction with slush, it was drool worthy. My group was super inviting and friendly and our tour guide was such a sweetheart, and so knowledgeable! She had the answer for all our questions! I would highly recommend this tour when you visit the Big Easy, and I would 100% go on this tour again during my next visit! Thanks NOLA Brew Bus! Ready to book your tour? Head here;
Okay I have to say this is my favorite cat box. I can’t begin to explain how hilarious our cat Callie has been since we got our first box. She must have smelt the cat nip in the box because now she naps in the box all the time! It’s the only subscription box that I’ve had to keep of the thousands I’ve received over the past 3 years! Kinda hilarious as she hardly fits in the box anyways, but she makes it work. Are you new to this box? Well if you have a cat, trust me, they’ll love it. They will get cat nip galore and be begging for more! This is the perfect subscription for our feline friends. Each month you’ll get a box full of high quality, all natural treats and toys, most with 100% North American catnip because why not? Let your kitty kats live a little! In this box;
- PetWinery Meowsling – omg how hilarious is this? Made with salmon oil and infused with catnip.
- Playful Pet Chef’s Special Ravioli – the cutest item! I love these!
- MAX All Nip Crinkle Oven Mitt – Callie loves crinkly toys! Made with Canadian catnip.
- Safemade All Nip Catnip Catsup – catnip catnip and more catnip! This one has 100% Grade A catnip.
- LEAP Gourmet T-Bone Pillow – this one is made with premium North American catnip.
- All for Paws Dried Salami Kicker – haha so cute, this one has Canadian catnip.
- Farm to Table Vegetable Wand – Callie loves wands, she can chase them all night!
I love how they donate a portion of the proceeds to animal welfare causes, I feel like that is an important factor in pet boxes. Only $19.99 a month with free shipping for the Happy Cat Box or $29.99 if you have multiple cats! Use code SBG15 for 15% off your first box! Order here;