Are you a foodie heading to Tofino? An absolute must while visiting is trying all the delicious and amazing food! Tofino Food Tours has you covered by taking you on a walking tour around town to try the very best food and drinks! Walk around the main area and get an in depth history of how the town came to be along with some fun facts and stories. Then stop every block or so to check out a new spot to try some true West Coast flavors! These tours are great for birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, wedding parties, staff events and more! You have a few tours to choose from;
- Food Tour – This is the one that we went on and I highly suggest it! It’s a 3 hour walking tour for $87.99.
- History Tour – Have a local bring you around to learn about the history & culture of Tofino and Clayoquot Sound. Photo worthy for sure! This one is 1.5-2hrs and $29.99.
- Fly & Dine – If you are looking for the ultimate romantic experience, or maybe the perfect backdrop to popping the question why not go all out and get a private helicopter or float place and picnic! Have the flight of a lifetime and enjoy breath taking views with your loved ones! Prices range from $879 and up.
Here’s a look at where we went for the Food Tour;
- Rhino’s Coffee House – This was our meeting location and first stop on the list! We got to try a couple different MOUTH WATERING donuts and some freshly brewed coffee! O M G those donuts were so good I had to swing by on my way home to get seconds!
- Bravocados – Funky little vegan spot where we got to try a King Oyster Mushroom Scallop with some Tofino Brewing beer to pair perfectly. Loved it!
- Picnic Charcuterie – Next stop for a sample plate of some meat, cheese, crackers, hummus and shared some different flavors of kombucha from the locals Tofino Kombucha, sooo tasty!
- Dockside Smoked Fish Store – We all got a mini sample board with some locally caught salmon, yummmm I love smoked salmon! Loved it so much that I went back to grab a Lox bagel!
- Sobo – One of my favs for sure, beautiful restaurant where we enjoyed some famous Killer Fish Taco’s with spicy salmon and fruit like kiwi and pineapple! So amazing and filling! Paired with a nice little glass of white wine to wash it all down. We loved this spot so came back for lunch the next day!
- Schooner Restaurant – Absolutely loooved the Old School Clam & Bacon Chowder, so many chowders in this town, they should have a chowder-showdown!
- Chocolate Tofino – You’ll also get a voucher for a free waffle cone (or cup) of homemade gelato. This is an absolute must before you leave town. I had the Lavender Honey and California Pistachio and it was SOOOOO AMAZING! I want a bucket of that pistachio please!
Be sure to book in advance and support your local Tofitians with a tour to all their hot spots! You’ll be pleasantly surprised by your knowledgeable tour guide and full after eating your way through the town! Find out more here;