Who else loves Craft? That awesome and historical salt building in the heart of Vancouver is a fav local hangout of mine. Not only do they have a great local after work happy hour hangout, but a massive beer on tap selection and some delicious food items like their sushi burger! I love how my fav hangouts always seem to have the best events! Last night we had the chance of attending our first Brewmaster’s Dinner. Yesterdays was the very first Gluten Free & Cider Pairing for their Summer Patio Series with BC Tree Fruits Cider paired with each dish! Now to last nights dinner! Here’s what we had;
- Welcome – Rosé Cider with a Fanny Bay oyster in garlic, spinach and hollandaise – at first I was caught off guard that the oyster was warm rather than my usual chilled raw oysters, but it was delicious! I may have stole my dates too!
- First Course – Plum Basil Cider with Pickled Vegetables with a mini side green salad with apple cider mustard seed vinaigrette – Mmm i’m obsessed with picked veg so this was up my alley once again! My fav cider of course, that Plum Basil was my favorite at this years BC Cider Festival!!! Couldn’t wait to get my hands on it again!
- Second Course – Apple Cider with Crab Salad on a sweet pea purée – This crab salad was delicious, chilled and crisp, perfect for the weather, love the purée as well, very nice pairing.
- Third Course – Apple & Hops Cider with Herb Salmon on a bed of cumin scented rice with grilled green onions – delicious, I’m not usually a big fan of cooked salmon but I absolutely loved this dish and would order it off the menu, the rice was soooo good and the mix of everything on the plate was perfect! Well done!
- Dessert – Pears & Peaches Cider with a warm brie covered with peach and apple chutney and drunken pecans – This was delicious, I’m a big brie fan, a little heavy to end the night, but a nice combo.
Overall the experience seemed very intimate but also social. We got comfortable and met our neighbours sitting at the long tables and it was really enjoyable! There was more than enough cider to go around, we felt awful that we actually left a full glass each by the end of the night! I’m used to attending all included dinners where I’d love another half glass of my favorite, but this event had more than enough for everyone! Not to mention it was delicious, we all had our favs as well! The food was amazing, it was light and a great dish for summer, I like to keep it cold when it’s as hot as it was last night. Seating, layout, atmosphere, I thought it was great. It was private enough to make you feel special, but open enough to move around to chat, explore the Salt building and meet some people. Very much looking forward to see their future Brewmaster’s events and subsequent pairings!
ALSO! Be sure to get your tickets for the much anticipated Caskapalooza on August 21st! We will be there for sure! They will have 36 unique casks and partial proceeds for the event will be donated to the Make-A-Wish BC & Yukon! Can’t beat a good cause! Tickets are only $25 and will include 12 tokens to try the casks of your choice! Be sure to visit their location on 85 West 1st Ave, Vancouver too and see how they are actively supporting their locals and staying sustainable! Get your tickets here for Caskapalooza;