Looking for a subscription box that will encourage self care, personal growth and wellness? 2020 should be about you and taking care of yourself, so why not start the year off with a subscription that puts you first and on the road to physical and psychological well-being. Whether you are trying to reduce your anxiety, improve your sleep or fulfill your New Years resolution of putting yourself first, the Loti Wellness box is a Canadian subscription is a great choice for yourself or as a gift. Each box will have 5-8 full sized products that promote health and wellness, you might find some lifestyle items, bath body and beauty products, candles, aromatherapy, tea, jewelry, and other items that promote wellness. They are strong supports of small local businesses, plus they only use cruelty free, sustainable and natural products, that’s something to smile about! You’ll also get a therapeutic activity and material to partake in, with their products being chosen by therapists, it’s as if you are getting a specially curated box directly from a therapist, so save your money on a session and let them send you the tools to overcome all your ailments! You’ll also be happy to know that the donate a portion of all their sales towards the Elephant in the Room Campaign which is an anti-stigma campaign that helps to remove the stigma’s from mental illness. As someone who suffers first hand from anxiety, I can appreciate this box and everything they are trying to accomplish in encouraging positive thoughts and wellness.
A subscription costs $54.95 plus $5.99 shipping a month but retails for over $85 so it’s a steal! Plus, use code SBG15 for 15% off! Be sure to check out their blog as well, there is some helpful information for last months box on self care that is worth a read. I like that they say that self care is not being selfish. Luckily I’ve never thought that, I’ve always made time for myself with spa time where I have a relaxing bath with some relaxing bath salts, put on a face mask and just zone out or read. Find out more and order here;
Happy Birthday to me! Literally! This box was one of my favorites because it was literally made just for me! This is the Cray Cray crate and a perfect gift option! It’s a personalized crate that is exclusive for each person! You won’t be getting the same items as anyone else, so it’s perfect to spoil yourself rotten, go on, do it, but also great for having them find the perfect gift for you for someone else! Can’t find the perfect gift for your dad? Hard to find something special for your boyfriend? Just let them know what their likes are and let them do the hard work for you, they are pretty much your own Personal Shopper! No more spending countless hours (or days!) at the mall, searching in every store. Just get some details down and sit back and watch the smile on the receivers face. I tried SOOO hard not to open this box, but seriously, I couldn’t help myself. I literally peeked inside, then tore a little corner here, then another corner there, then I found myself feeling guilty for not waiting to do a live unboxing. But seriously, once you see the fun box and the pretty paper all wrapped up like a Christmas present, you won’t be able to resist. They have a few different tiers to choose from;
- Premier – You’ll get 2-3 items for $85.
- Gold – You’ll get 4-5 items for $150.
- Platinum – You’ll get 5-8 items for $300.
All the options come with a one time box option or a subscription, because who doesn’t like to open presents once a month! Subscriptions are my favorite because they just keep showing up on your doorstep like surprises every month! In my box I got some amazing items based on my like and preferences. You can add as little or as many like as you want, some items you might get based on your preferences include art, books, tech gadgets, games, accessories, tools, kitchen or home decor, collectibles, and more! I mentioned that I like cooking, traveling, capturing moments, cannabis and other items and based on that they created the perfect box for me which included;
- Where Cooking Begins by Carla Lalli Music
- Cooking with Cannabis by Goldrich Wolf
- Snap touch PolaroidCamera
- Spice Pen
Home Of The Crazy Curated Crates
Are you a beach babe at heart? Love the nautical look? Want to get your daily dose of Vitamin Sea? Me too! I had such an amazing Canada Day long weekend spending my summer days at the beach and the river and luckily my Oceanista subscription box arrived just in time filled with super summery pieces! Each box you can expect 5+ beach, aztec, boho and bohemian themed items like clothing, jewelry, accessories, home decor, bath & beauty products and more worth over $180, specially curated for the ocean or beach lover with those lovable materials we all like, crochet or silk anyone? Yes please! Take in the salty sea air or relax poolside with this fun seasonal box. They even customize each box, just let them know your skin type and tone, and preferences you have, shoe and clothing size, and ring size, then relax and let the tide roll in each season with a new fun box. This is The Girl from Ipanema Box, it runs over $235 which is amazing, in it we have;
- The Millie Thong flip flop by Oka-B in Licorice – I wore these immediately! They are super comfy and the perfect fit!
- Oceanista Embroidered Floppy Beach Hat in milky white – super cute and fitting for a day tanning at the beach, it’s foldable too!
- Coverup Convertible Skirt/Dress by Elan – This yellow sarong doubles as a blanket when you need one and is super cute with the geometric pattern.
- Blue Beach Net Tote – great for produce at the market or perfect for a beach day, just add a book, some sunscreen and a drink to go and I’m set!
- Cat eye Sunnies with Driftwood Designer Carrying Case- These are super cute, and the case is adorable, it’s collapsible too!
- Body & Sol Collection Nail Lacquer by China Glaze in Beach Buff – Hard to tell in the pic but I just painted my nails these colour, super cute, love it!
- Brazilian Camu Camu Body + Hair Dry Oil by Body Drench – this smells like candies! Great for your hair and body!
- Surf Tumbled Seaglass Necklace by Katie Makaiwi with Lani Makana – This piece is beautiful and compliments the bag and brings the entire look together. They are also the featured artisan, they handcrafted the perfect beach look with this piece!
Can’t wait to see the next box! These items were all so amazing! Starting at only $80 a season which is a great price based on all the fun items you’ll get worth over double that! Did you miss one of their past boxes? Fear not! They have an online store where you can purchase them if they still have any left! I would act quick thou, these are a hot commodity… so jealous I missed some of them so may need to order some myself, like that Fall for Flamingo box, looooove everything in it! Next up we have the Good Golly Miss Bali box, ohhhh my, I love Bali so fingers crossed that one is heading my way!!! Oh did I mention they have an online store with other items? I could just create my own box with all the items I’m obsessed with, like the Boho Round Towel, Aztec bathing suit, Bohemia Beach Bag… okay I had to stop myself because I already had a list of about 15 items from the first 2 pages! Want 10% off your first box? Use code SBG! Order here;
Yessss the Simply Beautiful box again! This is a fav of mine for sure. It’s stunning and jam packed full of goodies. This is the perfect seasonal subscription that will bring you all the latest trends and hottest items on the market. Whether it be accessories, home decor, pantry items, bath and body products, this box has it all! Brought to you from BC Living, they already test and showcase so many amazing items that they decided to just send it in a box and share with everyone! Every quarter you’ll get 6-8 curated products that will leave you smiling for sure with their fine finds and must have items! In this box;
- Huna Apothecary revitalize botanical face mist – oh this smells amazing with watermelon, rose and aloe. I spritz a little in the morning and before bed, love this company!
- Scentuals pure organic argon oil – great for skin and hair to nourish and even good for nails!
- Blush Peony polka dotted scrunchie – because hey, this 80’s look is back in style!
- TruEarth eco-strips laundry detergent – hypoallergenic, dye-free, vegan and biodegradable, a great company!
- Lovely Linens tea towel – love how bright and colourful this towel is, perfect for spring!
- Evalina Beauty makeup brush set – oh perfect and right on time as I needed a new set badly! They have a foundation brush, crease brush, eyeshadow brush, liner brush and blush brush.
- Lark & Ives luggage tag – fancy tag so you don’t ruin the look of your luggage with those paper tags. Travel in style!
- Brockmann’s Chocolates crunchetti – omg yum! A nice big bag of chocolatey sweets to satisfy that sweet tooth!
This box is valued at $210 which is amazing as it’s only $88 quarterly… I have no idea how that’s even possible as the face must and brush set are worth over $100 alone! Free shipping too! They also have the Extraordinary Man Box so be sure to jump on that for your man for only $74 and worth over $125, check out my previous post for them to catch a sneak peek at what’s inside. They also have fun special boxes like the Best of Beautiful Box for $79 and worth over $100 with the top 3 items. There is also the Simply Beautiful Awards that is $175 for a $230 box of conscious care goodies. Love that this a Canadian company, their warehouse is in my birth town of New West too! Whaaa?! Order here;
Want to bring Texas home with you but can’t fit it in your carry-on? Love My Texas Market with their Texas themed subscription box so you can vacation to the South while staying all cozy at home! You can expect to find artisan, locally made products for the true Texan! I love companies that support their locals, and this one is doing just that. Curating for you a special box with all the best from every corner of Texas. So let them do the running around to the farmers markets and local businesses and you just relax and enjoy the special finds of the month. Perhaps some sweet treats, salty snacks, bath and beauty products, home decor and more! This is the Spring Fling box, which smelt fresh and flowery. In this box;
- Honey Roasted Pecans by 38 pecans in Austin Texas – Yum, my fav nut, I crush them down and sprinkle them on my dessert, baking and salads!
- Peach Jelly by County Road Canning in Kaufman Texas – Mmm I haven’t had peach jelly in so long, now I’m craving pancakes to my this on!
- Spring soap pack by Old Factory in Blanco Texas – Cute little mini soaps in different scents, love the sprinkle of ingredients on the top. My fav is the Milk & Honey.
- Pedernales Green Yaupon Pouches by CatSpring Yaupon in Cat Spring Texas
- Texas Bluebonnet Garden Kit by Nature Favors in Sulphur Springs Texas – wow they actually sent soil and seeds to grow bluebonnets! Fun!
You can get this box in their online shop for only $29.99, but worth so much more! You can also shop their online store for past boxes and items you loved, so go ahead and order more or just create your own box! Sign up for a year to get your boxes for only $31.25 a month! Order here;
Yaaa the CAFound box again! I haven’t reviewed for these guys in a full year and I’ve been getting FOMO for sure! I looove love love the California Found Box! From great packaging with cute little cards wrapped in a band tucked with seeds to plant your own wildflowers, to treats and goodies that will make you say ‘ooooh’ and ‘ahhh’ from all over California. Each month you’ll get a box full of local, gourmet, artisan made products. A chance to introduce you to small businesses that are rocking it on the West Coast! Live and love the Cali lifestyle while trying an endless supply of their products, it’s like a monthly vacay to Califooooornia! Perhaps you’ll get some home decor, jewelry, treats and sweets, body products, either way I’m sure you’ll love it! In the January 2019 Collection box we have;
- Bella Mia Mama & Baby 60″ Faux Fur Scarf – I wasn’t sure what this was but grabbed it immediately and wrapped it around me, it’s suuuuper soft and cozy! Perfect for our cold winter this year!
- Katie Dean Jewelry The Rolo Choker – I’m pretty picky with jewelry but this choker is fun and stylish!
- No Tox Life Mini Body Bar Duo in Ginger Spice/Grapefruit and Lotus/Winter Jasmine – Oh this smells so yummy! Never seen a duo soap before!
- Cake Bams Artisanal Rice Cakes 3 Cake Bams – (1) Dark Chocolate Sea Salt, (1) Chocolate Chip, (1) Strawberry Confetti – Never seen or heard of these before which is rare for me to say! What a yummy healthy treat!
- Saltwater & Feathers Three Greeting Card Set – I really like the cards that were chosen, the bride & groom actually looked like my bf and I! Lol
Get Cali-Bound for only $49 a month plus shipping for a month to month subscription! Plus use code subboxgirl20 for 20% off. Their boxes are worth $90 plus in value so your getting a steal for these local made items! Feeling FOMO like me? You can still get their January 2019 box or December 2018 boxes in their online store, get em’ before they run out thou as they go fast! They are $55 plus shipping! I love how 10% of their profits are donated to organizations, love seeing companies give back to their community and country. Order here;
Looking to taste the world? Inspired to travel country to country to try the very best dishes? That’s probably one of my favorite things about traveling is getting to try all of the amazing cuisines and traditional dishes of that area. Go on a culinary adventure every month to a new country with Flavor Noire and their Flavors of the World subscription box. Each month you can expect a new tasty adventure with non-perishable ingredients to create 2 of your own authentic recipes from that months destination. Looking for a date night? Just use their curated playlist to set the mood, and follow along the videos to create the perfect recipe with enough for two, it also included a recipe list and activity! Your box will also contain some treats well known in that months country. You can expect some kitchen utensils as well that will be helpful for that months recipes. This month we travelled to France! In this box were recipes to create Sweetheart Crepes, Herb de Provence Spatchcock Chicken, and Garlic Butter Escargot. The box includes;
- Snail shells! Whaaa? Yes you heard right, on this months menu we are make escargot, aka snails!
- Canned Snails – because you can’t make snails without snails… lol
- St Michel French Mini Madeleines- Omg seriously I love love love these and have been searching for them for 3 years since one of my first subscription boxes! Yum, they just melt in your mouth!
- Herb de Provence spice – I love adding this to my baked chicken dishes.
- Sweetheart Preserve – love the name and yummy!
- Burgundy Mustard – I’m a huge mustard fan so this is perfectooo
- Crepes – I looooove crepes, drool.
- French whisk & pipping bags – because who doesn’t need a french whisk… perfect for baking!
- Cemoi French chocolate covered marshmallow bear – Yum
- Carambar Caranougat – Double Yum
- 421 Game Set – Love that they include a game to create a full date style box!
Starting at only $49.99 a month with free shipping, beats traveling to each country yourself! They even give back to Rise Against Hunger by donating a portion of proceeds with every box purchased. I like looking at the past boxes too to see what else they’ve done. Looks like they had a Japan box with some sushi utensils and ingredients, as well as Haiti. Next month they are going to Greece! Order here;