I love how Book of the Month gives you the power to choose. Here’s the idea; each month they have 5 judges including a guest judge skim hundreds of books and select those hidden gem novels you’ve always wanted (not just those books on the bestseller list that every single person has read). Judges can include book editors from O magazine, Esquire, People, best selling authors and guest celebrities too! On the first of the month the books are posted with a quick review to help you make your selection, then you simply choose one hardcover for only $9.99 with free shipping. Avid reader? Each additional book is just another $9.99! The February book selections are;
- Pachinko – Min Jin Lee – this was my number one choice for sure. Based on the struggles of a family of Koreans living in Japan. The first excerpt I read about it reminded me of one of my favourite books so it was an easy choice.
- The Animators – Kayla Rae Whitaker – a book about women going for what they want, and oh, Animators.
- Perfect Little World – Kevin Wilson – based on a social experiment by a child Psychologist, this story is about striving for perfection.
- The Possessions – Sara Flannery Murphy – a bit of a horror story I would say, allowing you to grieve your loved ones by another body possessed like a ghost, by taking a pill. Crazy!
- Behind Her Eyes – Sarah Pinborough – a thriller and nail biter till the end, will you consider the clues and figure out the ending before it’s over? Or end up re-reading this one to find out where you went wrong?
This is a company you can count on, it’s been around since 1926! That’s 90 years, impressive! Give a Book of the Month subscription and get 50% off a 3-month membership for yourself! That’s just $7.50/month for 3 months!!! Order here;