What is your New Years Resolution? Mine is to take better care of my mind, body and soul. One of the ways in which I’ll do that is to read more books, and enjoy some much needed quiet time. What more perfect way than a Book of the Month subscription!
I love how Book of the Month gives you the power to choose. Here’s the idea; each month they have 5 judges including a guest judge skim hundreds of books and select those hidden gem novels you’ve always wanted (not just those books on the bestseller list that every single person has read). Judges can include book editors from O magazine, Esquire, People, best selling authors and guest celebrities too! On the first of the month the books are posted with a quick review to help you make your selection, then you simply choose one hardcover for only $9.99 with free shipping. Avid reader? Each additional book is just another $9.99! The January book selections are;
- Lucky You by Erika Carter and chosen by judge Rachel Syme. This book isn’t even available to the public for another few months too! How crazy is that! Feeling especially lucky this month for sure! A book about 3 girls looking for something more in life besides boozing, casual sex and reality tv. Sound familiar?
- The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsey Lee Johnson chosen by judge Sarah Weinman. A story of high school kids and how they were each affected by a suicide by bullying, what’s your take on this latest generation of social media?
- Lillian Boxfish Takes A Walk by Kathleen Rooney chosen by judge Nina Sankovitch. A walk around Manhattan with an 85 year old woman on New Years Eve. How fitting.
- Girls In The Moon by Janet McNally chosen by judge Dana Schwartz. A story of a young girl with musician parents, trying to find her way without her iconic parents.
- Homesick For Another World by Ottessa Moshfegh chosen by judge Isaac Fitzgerald. A collection of short stories that will move you and make you think twice. Sick and twisted or amazing?
This is a company you can count on, it’s been around since 1926! That’s 90 years, impressive! Give a Book of the Month subscription and get 50% off a 3-month membership for yourself! That’s just $7.50/month for 3 months!!! Order here;